The sun is shining and it is time for iced coffee. Since iced coffee beverages have gained huge popularity in the last decade, following the popularity of cappuccinos and lattes, consumers are discovering that coffee is just as tasty – and even more refreshing – when served cold.
Iced coffee can be as easy to prepare at home. With a variety of options, such as flavoured syrups, planet based milk, chocolate and alcohol, you can create personalised coffee drinks, coffee cocktails at home as delicious as those served in your favourite cafe.
Beverages such as iced vanilla mocha, iced rum coffee and iced latte are easy to make at home.
Here are some tips for refreshing iced coffee drinks
* Pour the syrups into the cup first. To complete the drink, pour in espresso or coffee, then the ice, and top it off with cold milk.
* Don’t let your beverage become watered down. Cool your favourite coffee beverage with ice cubes made from fresh-brewed coffee instead of water.
* Use a machine that produces a high-quality coffee or espresso, Lavazza A Modo Mio Coffee Machine, for example, can produce a perfect shot of espresso, with unmistakable taste and aroma.
*Use a stronger blend of coffee, so the flavour of the coffee can cut through the syrup, milk cream or ice, rather than being overpowered.
* Be creative. Add a personalized touch to your iced coffee beverages with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, nutmeg or cinnamon.
Here are some simple Iced Coffee Recipes you can try at home:
- 180ml of cold milk (you can add more or less milk to suit your own taste)
- 30ml of espresso
We recommend Lavazza A Modo Mio Lung Dolce for a round and creamy ice cold cappuccino, or for something a little bit stronger, why not try Lavazza A Modo Mio Magia or Lavazza A Modo Mio Divino?
Prepare this recipe with Lavazza A Modo Mio Fantasia Coffee Machine
- Prepare an espresso (30 ml) in a large glass.
- Pour cold milk into the milk frother up to the “Cappuccino” mark, sweeten to taste and close the lid.
- Fix the milk frother to the machine, choose your favourite amount of froth and press the “Cappuccino” preparation button for three seconds.
- At the end of the cycle, pour the cold creamy milk into the espresso.
Alternatively, you can use Lavazza A Modo Mio Milk Frother to make the perfect cold frothed milk for this recipe, but using only the disc with teeth for cappuccino frothing and press the button for 3 seconds until you hear the “beep”, before releasing your finger.
Espresso on the Rocks
- 100ml of lungo coffee
- few cubes of ice
We recommend Lavazza A Modo Mio Lungo Dolce for a round and creamy ice cold cappuccino, or something extra floral and mild, why not try Lavazza A Modo Mio Lungo Lieve?
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Prepare a lungo (long) coffee (100ml) and sweeten to taste.
- Mix well to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the espresso over the ice.
- 50 ml of coffee
- 50 ml cold chocolate
- whipped cream
- 6/7 ice cubes
For this recipe, we recommend Lavazza A Modo Mio Divino or Lavazza A Modo Mio Crema e Gusto Coffee Capsule or Lavazza Qualità Rossa Ground Coffee for a deep and rich coffee flavour, which can perfectly balance the sweetness of the chocolate.
- Brew the coffee
- Put the ice in a cocktail glass and pour over the chilled chocolate mix.
- Add the coffee and top up with whipped cream.
Make the Hot chocolate
- Add 50ml of milk to Lavazza Milk Easy Frother
- Add 2 tsp of Caffe Molinari Cioco Delice hot chocolate
- Press the button for frothing.
- Once the frothing is completed, pour the hot chocolate out and leave to cool.
It is not necessary to use a Milk Frother, you can use another brand of the hot chocolate and follow the instructions.